Aging Services Advisory Commission
About the Commission
The objective of the Aging Services Advisory Commission (ASAC) shall be to function as an advisory body to the Franklin County Parks and Recreation Department (hereafter called the Department) and the Franklin County Board of Supervisors (hereafter called the Board). The Franklin County Board of Supervisors permits the ASAC to operate in the following capacity:
- By recommending the establishment of relevant policies for the development and enhancement of programs and facilities for senior citizens.
- By assisting the Department and the Board in improving relationships between the community and the Department through civic, business and other community representatives within their respective districts.
- By providing an additional resource for evaluating existing and proposed Departmental programs and facilities.
- By assisting the Director in the development of strategic plans for implementation of long-term goals and objectives to meet anticipated community needs.
- By providing the Director with general advice on the operation and implementation of senior programming and facilities.
Election of Members
Each member of the ASAC shall be appointed by the Board and shall be elected in the following manner: one member shall be appointed from each electoral district, provided that one member shall be appointed at-large; irrespective of his/her residence within any particular electoral district. The Board may modify the requirement for appointment by electoral district for original appointments to the ASAC. Each member of the ASAC shall be appointed for a term of four years. Each member's term shall follow their district's Board of Supervisors term starting the following July 1 of that year.
MEMBERS OF THE AGING SERVICES ADVISORY COMMISSION
Leigh Prom (Blackwater District)
Gail Goad (Blue Ridge District)
Bennie Russell (Boone District)
Maggie Gray (Gills Creek District)
Linda Handy (Rocky Mount District)
Bill Gruchow (Union Hall District)
Pamela Alford (At Large Member)
John L. Smith (At Large Member)
Pauline Nichelston (At Large Member)
Vacant (Snow Creek District)